Gulf Crest series are Premium quality turbine oils specially designed to satisfy the demanding lubrication requirements of steam turbines in today’s power industry. These oils are formulated with high quality severely hydroprocessed API Group II base oils and a premium Ashless additive package containing field proven anti-oxidants, corrosion inhibitors and metal deactivators. These oils possess outstanding thermal and oxidation stability, excellent water separability, superior rust and corrosion inhibition, low foaming tendency, good air release properties and resistance to chemical degradation to provide excellent equipment protection, reliable operation and extended service life. While primarily designed for lubrication of steam turbines, these oils are also suitable for water turbines and non- geared gas turbines. These oils are available in four ISO viscosity grades (32, 46, 68, 100) and exceed the performance requirements of specifications of major turbine manufacturers. Gulf Crest 46 is approved against the Siemens TLV 9013 04 specification for non-geared turbines.
Features & Benefits
- Outstanding thermal and oxidation stability prevents sludge formation, controls deposits and minimises oil degradation leading to reliable operation.
- Excellent water separation capability resists formation of emulsion and leads to easy removal of excess water from the lubrication system.
- Effective rust and corrosion inhibitors provide long term protection to critical system components.
- Good air release properties and foam control avoid erratic operation and pump cavitationleading to trouble free operation.
- Power generation steam turbines
- Industrial steam turbines
- Water turbines and non-geared gas turbines
- Turbo compressors
Applications requiring high quality rust and oxidation (R&O) inhibited oils